Thursday 5 March 2015

Lack Of Update

 


There's been very little update on my blog over the holidays. It was spent enjoying the company of friends and family visiting from Australia. It was also spent catching up on gaming. It was the first time I could spend all day and night simply gaming and doing very little else. I'm sure others were also as keen to do nothing but game.

But why spend all day and night gaming? What makes us absolutely focused on these games for hours on end? What makes this game "fun"? What is "fun" and how do we describe it?

I can't really say what's fun in games. There is, for me, a sense of great satisfaction and pleasure when I play for hours on end, whether it's with friends on Battlefield or War Thunder. I also enjoy playing single player games without any interaction with people over TeamSpeak.

I enjoy gaming as much as the next person and there can be a limit to how long is deemed appropriate or safe. There was a news item quite recently where a man in Taiwan spent 3 days solid gaming. The man, aged 38, died. There was also a previous death from another who spent 5 days gaming.

It's a fun activity to do, on your own or in a whole clan/guild of others, but like all things, it should be done in moderation!

This was also meant to be put up a few weeks back. Perhaps my time is wrongly spent!

No comments:

Post a Comment